Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not Now

Mike and I attended our second information meeting with an adoption agency.  We also received our second "no" on adopting from Uganda through their agency.  (Both agencies currently are operating Uganda pilot programs and are currently closed to new potential families.)  And then I read my devotion for today: "Day 23: Not Now"  The devotion started off with this:
"When God says no to a prayer, it doesn't always mean no; sometimes it means not yet.  It's the right request but the wrong time."
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this phrase from various people in my life for different situations, and each time, they've proven to be correct because if we heard a "yes" instead of a "no" things would be different at this very moment.  Like I did at those times, I want to do right now.  I want to stomp my feet, cry, and scream at the top of my lungs, "WHY NOT RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!"  but instead, I'm going to take that energy and put into prayer.  There's a reason and only God knows.  Mike and I'll just have to wait until He see's fit to let us know.

No comments: