Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let's Do This!

It's been awhile since I posted about our interest in adopting.  For quite awhile, it felt like God was constantly poking Mike and I with little messages saying, "You need to adopt from Uganda!" but then it went dry for awhile.  I don't know how to explain it where it would make sense and not make me sound crazy.  We just didn't hear anything.  And we're not going to rush into adopting a child unless we know, with full conviction, that this is what God wants us to do.

While I was in California last week for work, a few of my coworkers asked me where we were in the adoption process and I told them just that, and then didn't think anything of it. (Cue: God)

Do you remember me writing about the festival I was at last August and the lady I met from Uganda?  (You can read the post here.) The morning after my friends asked me about our adoption process and I said I really hadn't heard anything from God lately, I got a message from her - in UGANDA. I couldn't believe it.  Well, I could believe it.  It's God.   He knew I needed a reminder that, yes, He does want Mike and I adopting a child from Uganda.  Reading her message quickly brought tears to my eyes.  I emailed Mike and I told him about it, and then told my coworkers that had been asking about adoption.  One of their responses, "Don't challenge God - he'll take you up on it every time!"

But it doesn't stop there.  Apparently God was making up for lost time and felt I needed not one, but two pokes from him, which I did.  Friday night was our staff banquet. Our company has started awarding a Community Service award to a listener who has made a difference, and this year the award went to 2 sisters, ages 8 and 10, who raised $25,000 for children in UGANDA!  As soon as Uganda was mentioned, my friend who was sitting behind me (same friend who was asking about the adoption process) grabbed my shoulders and squeezed tight.  He knew God just laid another one on me.

All of this to say, as we were leaving Friday night, I looked up to the sky with my arms in the air and said, "OK God.  OK.  Let's do this."



No comments: