Sunday, August 11, 2013

"All of Our Songs"

Have you ever come across something you had long forgotten about?  Something that when it was first given to you, it meant the world to you, but as the days, weeks, months, and years went on, it was set aside, and eventually stored away, and you forgot about it?

Mike and I have been doing a lot of cleaning the last few weeks - mainly in our bedroom to make way for the new night stands he built.  I had to clean out my old one, and in the process, I found something I completely forgotten about. My heart skipped a beat as soon as I saw it. Written on the white Memorex CD, in Mike's distinct handwriting, was "All of our songs."  It was a CD Mike had given to me when we were dating in college.  

 
I put it in the nearest CD player I could find and immediately was taken back quite a few years.  The memories of sharing these songs with Mike came flooding back.
 
John Mayer - Back To You
Frank Sinatra - Just the Way You Look Tonight
Allison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All
98 Degrees - My Everything
98 Degrees - The Hardest Thing
Beatles - In My Life
Don Henley - This Love
Edwin McCain - Could Not Ask For More
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Michael W Smith - In My Arms Again
Paul Brandt - I Do
Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
Rascal Flatts - These Days
 
It's fun to sit and remember why each of those songs were important or special to each of us; how many of them ended up being a part of our wedding; how many of them, whenever I hear them today, nearly 14 years later (when we first met in college), still make my heart skip a beat.  
 
I love you Mike!!!
 
 

No comments: