Thursday, November 1, 2012

November: A Month of Many Things

I can't believe it's November 1.  I kept looking at my calendar at work today thinking "This just can't be right, can it?" November means so many different things:  A busy month at your local dentist office (due to Halloween candy induced cavities) the start of the hectic holiday season, the month my husband refuses to shave due to "No Shave November", the month I get my first passport (more on that in another post) a month of many thanks and reflection, the month all of my co-workers and I refer to as "OCC" month (Operation Christmas Child month) and one that many of you might not be aware of - Adoption Awareness Month.

As you know, God has laid on Mike and I's hearts to adopt a child, so this month has a little more significance to us than in previous years.  We have many friends and family who have adopted or were adopted themselves, and have witnessed first hand what a beautiful thing adoption is.

During November, please remember the MILLIONS of orphans, domestically and internationally, that long for someone to call "Mom" and "Dad; someone to hold them and say "I love you"; someone to call their own.

As Mike and I lean on God, our families, and the knowledge of family and friends who have gone through the adoption process over the few years, please be in prayer with us that in God's timing, we'll be able to bring home God's precious gift - a child!

No comments: