Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Inside My Mind

Did you ever not get your way as a child, and then throw the biggest temper tantrum ever?  I know I probably did it a lot.  Back then, it was directed (I'm guessing) towards my parents, or whomever made me mad.  I want to do it now, but it's not directed towards my parents this time, but God.  I want to scream, shout, stomp my feet on the ground, shake my fists, and cry!

I want to know why I have to wait.  I want to know why my heart aches just thinking of waiting.  I want to know what Mike and I are going to learn from waiting.  I want to know what God really wants us doing when Mike graduates next May.  I want to know if God really does want us adopting from Uganda, or if He wants us adopting from somewhere else.  I want to know why my heart aches for certain things, but there's been BIG road blocks put up in front of those desires.  

These are just a few of the thoughts going through my head and heart lately.  

2 comments:

Little Servant Doni said...

OOOh Little Kimosabi! The WHY, always seems to get us in a tizzy. We aren't supposed to know the plan. Some of us would give up if we knew the intricacies of what was before us. Why is there hardship? SO that you can grow and learn and appreciate what you have if you are blessed to have it. and if not the lesson is simple. sometimes things dont go our way but he is with us training us and teaching us daily. Hold fast to your dreams and your goals. Enjoy the journey! Share the hardships and tell your testimony the whole way through. How can anything bad come from that huh?

Sharon said...

Waiting. I don't think I've learned that lesson well enough the last few years, so God is having me wait yet again. I know the heartache of waiting to adopt, and in the adoption process, and waiting to see hearts heal and change once our kids have come home (the hardest part). And before the adoption process was even over, we started waiting on some other things that are definitely not happening according to the time frame I would like. I've noticed myself starting to question God. Seriously, God, do you really know what You're doing? Is this out of love, or are You waiting to bash us with something else (bad!) while we wait? What is ahead of us? Fear...and on and on. Thanks for sharing your heart.