Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shaken and Strangely Warmed

We've opened up our eyes and are choosing to see where God wants Mike and I to follow.  Right now, after talking and prayer, we feel that following Him means looking into adopting from Uganda.  I think I could cry just typing this.  I can't explain it... except by saying our hearts have been shaken, and yet strangely warmed at the same time.

Since our last post, we've received many calls, texts, emails, and Facebook messages, and Mike and I are asking the same thing of everyone: Please pray that God continues to open our eyes to where and when He wants us to continue following His plan for us.

Adoption is not cheap, and with Mike being in full-time nursing school until next May, we feel (although it wouldn't surprise us if God has other plans) that waiting to start the process until Mike is closer to being finished with school would be the best decision.  Typical Ugandan adoptions cost around $25,000.  But as our friends said over dinner Saturday night - people go out and get cars that cost more than that without a second thought.  Why is it so hard to do that for the life of a child?

So for now, we are praying and continue to seek God's direction.  I want to leave you with this video.  When our friends announced they were going to adopt their now son from Lithuania, Mike and I shared this video with them.  I had no idea it would be speaking to me a year later.


No comments: